Friday, May 05, 2006

Room with a view

I've just returned from a three-day business meeting in New York. The venue was incredible. The conference room was located on the top floor of our hotel, complete with its own rooftop balcony. The balcony offered stunning views of the Empire State Building, marking it a popular place for meal breaks and a quiet coffee. It's moments like this that remind me how lucky I am. While my job is hard work it also offers some amazing life experiences.


I also took some time out on Sunday to wander around around town, eventually ending up in Central Park. Every man, woman and their dogs were out in force. The Sheep Meadow was a sea of people such that the lawn had all but vanished. The final effect resembled a Woodstock revival with sun-seeking bodies lounging every where. The horse carriages were in action, as were the rollerbladers, cyclists and frisbee throwing gangs.

No comments: