Friday, September 08, 2006

Kitzbühel, Cash and Careers

I'm back in Munich next week for work. To make the most of my time away (and secure a cheaper airfare) I'm flying over on Sunday morning so that I can spend a day with my brother Hamish, his wife Karin and my nieces. I last visited Kitzbühel as the final traces of winter snow were melting in Spring. With luck I'll have a chance to go trekking up the Horn before the snow returns. I haven't done this for years. On the last occasion, I'd taken a break from drafting a business case for my company's first China office at Hamish's kitchen table. Today we have more than 6o people in three offices in China.

I also found out today that I'll be back in Amsterdam on my birthday. I'm presenting at conference on the impact of emerging online communities. Thanks goodness I maintain a blog. I'll at least have a veneer of credibility.

On Tuesday, Barclays refunded the £3200 skimmed from my account. That's a relief. A letter confirming the refund arrived today. Curiously, the Fraud Officer wrote, "I have reason to believe your card has been compromised....For security reasons I am not able to provide specific information as to how this occurred." How odd. You'd think they'd want to explain how to avoid such fraud happening again.

Finally, on the career front, Garry has suddenly had a flurry of interest from recruiters this week. He's been contacted regarding six different opportunities including a permanent position with a top consulting company. After weeks of silence this is encouraging news. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good one Garry - fingers and toes crossed for early work.

Must feel nice to get that money back but strange comment Andrew