Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Tim Tams are discontinued


I've always associated tea as a drink for little old ladies. Nothing could be further from the truth in London. Every day I'm asked if I'd like a cuppa by people half my age or beefy lads more at home on a motorbike than a rocking chair. After eight months it still makes me chuckle every time. However, the British are deadly serious about their tea, no matter what their age. There's even a website dedicated to the art of enjoying a daily cuppa.

A closer look at this site and you'll discover the English answer to Tim Tams; The Penguin. I saw my first packet of Penguins today while shopping at Tesco. Much to my surprise, packets of Tim Tams were also on sale a few metres further along. Until now I've only been able to find them in specialty stores where each packet costs a fist full of cash.

It appears Tim Tams aren't so popular over here. The regular version was marked as a discontinued line. However, the Chewy Caramel flavour appears to have been granted a reprieve. We'll be back to grab another taste of home before they're all gone.

No comments: