Sunday, January 07, 2007

2000 visitors, 70 countries

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Nine months after adding a visitor counter to my blog I've just clocked up my 2000th visitor. I clocked up my first thousand in seven months, and the second in less than four months. The site seems to be gathering a small following. Last month I had a message from someone in Norway who's following our adventures with interest. Norway is just one of 70 countries reporting visitors so far. Incredible!

The Swiss Cottage originally started life as a handy tool for keeping family and friends in touch with our adventures. However, it's evolved over time to include general anecdotes about life in the UK. In particular I've tried to highlight differences that might amuse or entertain Antipodean readers, along with some of the quirkier news stories that hit the headlines from time to time. Posts have included stories about:

Next month I'll celebrate the first anniversary of this blog. I must admit that I really enjoy keeping it updated. It's become a terrific record of our time in Europe, and a great reminder of all that we're experiencing. I never imagined we’d have quite the adventure we’ve had. I’m constantly amazed by all we’ve seen and done each time I review the archives.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pleasure. I'm sure everyone gets a kick out of your blog.
Keep up the good work