Thursday, February 01, 2007

Making plans, saving money

Our last holiday convertible - Hawaii 2005

Garry's permenant job has an unexpected silver lining. I've mentioned previously that he's booked his holidays well in advance this year to ensure we'll have time off together. This forward planning has enabled me to surf the web, grabbing a fistful of early deals for our impending whirlwind vacation through America's Deep South.

I'm having fun mapping out a brilliant vacation at half the regular price. To date I've secured a convertible rental car in Florida 30% cheaper than normal, seats near the stage for Circus du Soeil in Orlando and free hotel rooms in New Orleans through the Sheraton's guest reward program.

We've also decided to extend our time in San Diego and take a day trip across the border into Mexico. I've found the perfect tour offering a lobster lunch and plenty of scenic highlights. We'll be in need of a vacation by the time we reach Sydney!

No comments: