Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Colour my world


Overnight I've used Virtual Tourist to generate a map of the world showing all of the countries I've visited since my first overseas experience in 1983. By Virtual Tourist's reckoning I've hit the 50 nation mark. My personal count is 49 as I don't generally count North Korea, given that I spent barely 15 minutes inside this nation in 2003.

A quick glance at this map suggests that I'm not a huge fan of the tropics or war zones, otherwise any sight is fair game for my passport. I'd agree. However, I can see myself filling in at least some of the blank tropical zones. For example I'd love to visit Angkor Wat in Kampuchea and still have plans to visit Panama, Mexico and the Caribbean. Without a doubt it's been an incredible journey so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's more than half blue so keep on going.