Friday, October 31, 2008

Going South

Our cold weather continues unabated. The temperature barely made in above 6.0 °C today. I've started wearing gloves on my daily commute. I've also noticed neighbourhood trees shedding leaves at a rapid rate, while the squirrels display a heightened sense of urgency. Our fourth UK winter is on its way!

Thank goodness we have a long weekend in Barcelona coming up. We're off to celebrate Garry's birthday. Only seven days to go. This is another European destination I've not seen since 1990. I'm keen to acquaint myself with progress on the construction of Gaudi's Sagrada Familia and soak up the colourful sights and sounds of Las Ramblas.

We're less than six weeks from the start of our fourth year in London. I was reminded of the impending milestone after renewing our lease today. We're here for another year and 41 days. It seems this won't be our last European winter after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time in Barcelona, sorry we won't be with Garry on his birthday but I know you'll make sure he has a good day.