Friday, March 03, 2006

Snow, snot and speedometers

It snowed this afternoon. Large, white, fluffy flakes fluttered down from the sky for more than 30 minutes. It also snowed yesterday afternoon, and again in the evening as I was walking through Soho to a business function. The ground isn't cold enough for the snow to remain, but the experience of snow in the city is magical.

Along with colder weather has come ineviable winter aliments. I've had a shocking head cold for the last four days, while Garry has just recovered from a nasty cough and sore throat. I can't recall feeling so congested in my head and sinuses for years.

On the home front, Garry took the SAAB to the dealer today. It now has a sexy new speedometer faceplate. With luck we'll have the car certified by the VOSA next week and the registration papers submitted for processing.

Next week I fly to the Nordics for a four-day whirlwind tour of my company's offices in Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm. The week after that I'll be visiting Amsterdam for a day and possibly dashing down to Johannesburg, South Africa for two or three days. Once I've completed thIS last trip, I'll have visited almost every office in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) network over a ten-week period. Phew!

No comments: