Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flying for fun


Something odd has happened. For the first time in three years I have no business travel scheduled for the next four months. Instead, Garry and I have flights scheduled for three weekend breaks in Europe, along with eight days overseas for Christmas.

As has become our tradition, we've booked three-day weekends away to celebrate our respective birthdays. Later this month we're off to Dublin for my birthday, then off to Barcelona for Garry's birthday in early-November. In between we have a weekend dash to Gibraltar; departing early Saturday morning and returning late the next day. The bargain fares from London are just too good to resist.

As has also become tradition, we've booked an extended Christmas break, seeking the warmest side trip available using our annual round-the-world ticket. This year we're off to Muscat, Oman for eight days of Middle East sunshine. I'm particularly excited by this trip as Oman will be the 60th country I've visited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All those little breaks sound great and of course why not do it while you are over there, so close to everything. We are getting excited about our trip to NZ too.

Swatch said...

I heard you were finally able to get tickets sorted for New Zealand. What a painful process! I hope the book we gave you helps with your planning. I thought it captured all of the country's top destinations really well.