Monday, November 26, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane

This morning I fly to the USA for two weeks on business - first to San Francisco, then on to New York. It's been quite a while since I've been on the road for such a lenghty period. Two and three week jaunts use to be the norm when I was based in Asia, but have become something of an oddity while living in Europe. I'm looking forward to being back in Bay Area. It's been almost three years since I was there. San Francisco use to remind me of home (Sydney). I'll be curious to see if it still has the same impact.

I am flying Virgin Atlantic. This will be my first time in the air as a Gold Member with Virgin. I'll be able to try out its famous 'Clubhouse' lounge at Heathrow. The lounge was recently upgraded and features a Hairdresser, spa and private dining room. Virgin claims that the queues for immigration and security are also swifter. Here's hoping!

No comments: