Friday, June 06, 2008

Urban Foxes: Part II


The most astonishing thing happened today. This morning I looked out of our window and saw not one, but two, foxes frolicking in our neighbour's backyard. Barely a week ago I wrote a post about urban foxes in London, noting that Garry had seen them in the same yard. I'd never seen one in 2.5 years until now.

I told Garry this evening about my fox sighting. As I spoke, I glanced out of the window. Incredibly, as if on cue, a fox trotted from the shadows and sat in the middle of the neighbour's lawn. That's him in the photo above. We watched, mesmerized, for minutes as our furry (and slightly mangy) friend gave himself a jolly good scratch and wandered out of view. Garry says he's only seen them at night, never in broad daylight. A magic moment for both of us.

No comments: