Monday, February 02, 2009

Swiss Cottage ski report


I couldn't help myself. I just had to dash up to Primrose Hill this morning during a break in the weather (it's started snowing heavily again). The scene on the streets is magic. The photo above shows our poor Saab buried and abandoned. It was booked in for a service today but I decided not to take my chances on the road. I'm glad I cancelled as I later saw cars skid in the snow outside our door.


This photo shows the scene that greeted me from our front door. At least five inches of snow had fallen overnight. The scene just got better and better as I made my way up the street. It was like something out of a Dickens novel. I watched a small dog almost bury itself in a snow drift.


Primrose Hill was a sight to behold. Hundreds of people have taken to the Southern slope in all manner of equipment. I watched snowboaders, skiers and dozens of kids on tobbogans jostling for space. One guy was even using a road sign to ride the hill. Today's ski conditions are variable at best. The snow is powdery, with some slopes rapidly losing cover under heavy use. No chairlifts are currently operating in the area. This is fun!

No comments: