Saturday, November 17, 2018

Beachside reunion


My former CEO at Text 100, Aedhmar, was in town this week. I took time out, along with a few former colleagues, to reconnect and reminisce over old times. I last saw Aedhmar in January 2017 when Garry and I stayed over for dinner while on business in New York.


Our reunion involved two separate events. A group of current, and former, employees came together over lunch last Sunday at The Winery, one of my favourite venues in Surry Hills. The following day a smaller group of senior ex-Texties caught up again for a leisurely lunch at Matt Moran’s beachside restaurant, North Bondi Fish.


Five of us held court at a table on the balcony overlooking Bondi Beach from 1:00pm until well into the evening. Several partners, including Garry, eventually joined us for dinner as it was clear we weren’t going anywhere fast. Aedhmar claims she’s never had a long lunch morph into a dinner event.

It was a wonderful afternoon of love and laughter. I’m reminded once again how fortunate I was to spend almost 15 years of my career working at Text 100. The culture and camaraderie we created was something special.

No comments: