Sunday, June 11, 2006

Moonshine, pollen and pepperoni


The weather has been magical today. Temperatures were in the high 20s today and are expected to climb to 28C and remain at that level until Tuesday. The rest of Europe now has temperatures in the 30s. It's almost an Australian summer over here!

With such clear skies we've witnessed some wonderful lingering sunsets this week. This evening we watched the moon rise over the London skyline outside our bedroom window (the sunny nook).

I'm also suffering the worst possible hayfever. I've never experienced anything like it. English trees seem to bloom endlessly, sending streams of pollen into the air day after day. Our street is full of mature trees generating plenty of hayfever allegens. Even poor Garry was sneezing his way down the street this morning. You really do experience a full range of seasons in London!


Football fever
Finally, I have to show you this little fella. He's been starring in television commercials for weeks. Called Fanimal he's a rubber talking pepperoni stick doll, dressed of course in England colours. You give him a whack and he yells one of 13 football insults in the most annoying voice.

The doll is a free gift with pepperoni sticks, supposedly the perfect snack when watching World Cup football. Today, I saw him in the Supermarket and couldn't help myself. I'm now the proud owner of my own Fanimal. I love him. I suspect Garry's already praying for the batteries to flatten.

No comments: