Monday, March 10, 2008

The Bucket Brigade


It's here! The season's worst storm has arrived. At 6:00am this morning we were woken by the sound of roof tiles being dislodged. Shortly afterwards water began pouring through the ceiling into our bedroom. As I type, we have four buckets and a large tub collecting water at a furious pace on the floor. It's deja vu for Swiss Cottage as our roof leaked in the same exact spot last winter.

The latest EUMETSAT image shows the storm at 6:00am well and truly centred over London. As I type this post, the wind is still howling and rain is lashing the windows. In fact I've just heard a tile fall from the roof and smash onto our front steps! I'm really looking forward to my office commute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope the tiles are back on and you are high and dry once more