Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Living Room


I'm back in London. New York's cold snap has followed me home. At 8pm this evening the temperature was a chilly -1°C, with light snow forecast shortly before dawn. Winter has definitely come to town. As you'd expect, we're now wrapped in coats, gloves and scarves whenever outdooes.

Garry and I went for dinner in town this evening at The Living Room in Heddon Street. We discovered this bustling lane way of bars and restaurants just off Regent Street about 18 months ago. The Living Room looked particularly cosy, reminding me of several Surry Hills venue in Sydney. I've been keen to try it ever since.

We weren't disappointed. The menu was diverse, the wine superb and the service attentive without being pretentious. We'll definitely be back!

UPDATE
It didn't snow last night. However we had incredibly cold, heavy rain this afternoon that occassionally become icy sleet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK we would like to try it too next time we are over. Who's shout??

Swatch said...

It was my shout last night so I guess I can repeat the effort next time.

Anonymous said...

Now that's cold but Garry looks "snug as a bug' on the tube