Sunday, June 04, 2023

Step back in time


For five years this blog kept family and friends up to date with Garry and my exploits while living in London. However, in more recent times, it’s morphed into something more akin to a travel diary. In keeping with this transformation, I've decided the time has come to document some pre-London travel adventures. 

In recent weeks, I’ve published posts on a few vacations we enjoyed before the blog began.  Follow these links for my initial set of retrospective posts:
I’ll do my best to share more travel experiences in the months ahead including the first holiday Garry and I ever had together (in Rome), and our trip to see the Terracotta Warriors. These vacations are relatively easy to publish as the photos are all digital files.  

However, earlier adventures taken during the Kodak era are another matter. I have at least eight photo albums gathering dust in the household library, and storage tubs filled with photos. Their contents recall vacations I'd enjoyed before meeting Garry.  This includes my first African safari in 1996, a road trip down the Florida Keys the same year, and a Japanese rail holiday during the spectacular Sakura season in 1998. 

It’ll take some organizing to scan and upload hundreds of photographs. However, as these chemical memories slowly age, it’s probably an exercise well worth the effort. Watch this space.


UPDATE: 11 June
I've now added a post about our first vacation together in Rome

UPDATE: 18 June
I’ve now added a post about our first day-trip to Paris.

No comments: