Saturday, November 25, 2023

Riding the wave


It’s back! COVID-19 case numbers have increased in every state and territory in recent weeks. Health authorities say it’s the start of a new wave of infections. According to recent news reports, cases have been gradually increasing since September. One report suggested up to 90% of Australian households will eventually be impacted by the latest wave.


Sadly, I can report that our household is one of those affected. After several days of feeling fatigued and sniffy, I woke on Monday feeling worse for wear. A RAT took less than a minute to confirm a positive result for COVID-19, my first since April last year. I’ve subsequently spent a week locked in the home office by day, and then the bedroom after hours. So far Garry’s escaped unscathed.

Fortunately, my symptoms have been relatively mild. Several days of headaches, bleary eyes, and breathlessness have finally abated. I’d say I’m well on the road to recovery. Ironically, Garry and I had made plans to get booster shots before our post-Christmas cruise. We’d decided that hanging out with 2,500 partying passengers on New Year’s Eve was a recipe for disaster. It looks like I’ve inadvertently secured my immunity boost ahead of schedule.

No comments: