Monday, June 03, 2024

Your legacy lives in me


Beverly, my darling mother, passed away in her sleep this morning. She was, and always will be, one of the most intelligent, independent and innately beautiful women I’ve ever had the privilege to know.

For almost six decades, her tenacious spirit has relentlessly inspired, coaxed and moulded me into the man I am today. I am, and always will be, my mother’s son. She loved us all. Drove us bonkers. Made us laugh and constantly challenged us to aim ever higher.

Dementia stole so much from her in recent years. My brothers, our partners, and I wept all too often as this cruel and insidious disease took its toll. However, in death, our love and our external memories will endure. Dearest Bev, I am your legacy, you are my muse. Rest in peace, now and forever more.

No comments: