Monday, July 20, 2009

Expanding to fill the gaps


Both my brother and my parents are currently renovating their homes. The progress is quite rapid with both properties now sporting smart new roofs. My brother Matt certainly needs to space. His kids are growing up fast and seem to dedicate their lives to filling every available corner with books, toys and discarded clothing. It seems like only yesterday I was sitting in sun in Auckland watching my youngest nephew, Keenan, boldly climbing his way into inevitable trouble. That's him above.


Matt and Shelley are rebuilding the entire back of their house with a larger living area, additional bedrooms and a new kitchen. My parents are extending the front of their property with a larger kitchen, third bedroom and more living space. It seems everyone in New Zealand has dedicated themselves to reviving the nation's construction industry.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Brilliant Photos! But I suppose I am biased. Should have the roof on tomorrow all going well!!!