Saturday, September 23, 2023

Happy Birthday Beverly


Happy Birthday Beverly. Today my eternally resilient mother celebrated another remarkable milestone. On this day 80 years ago she joined her older brother and sister as the third of four children raised in Christchurch, New Zealand. As her eldest son, I’ll forever grateful for all that she, and my late father, have done for me and my brothers over the years.

It’s wonderful to see Mum reaching her ninth decade. I hope that a few memories of today’s celebrations linger as the family comes together to share its enduring love and affection. Garry and I couldn’t be there today. However, we’ve made arrangements for her sister Pam to fly in from Christchurch to join Mum on this special day.

Pam’s first visit to Mum’s rest home kicked off in a rather curious way yesterday. Mum introduced her to the staff as her mother. I’m not sure Pam was particularly enamoured by the additional decades she’s suddenly gained. It’s funny how birthdays often age you more than you’d like to admit.

The photo below, taken five years ago, will always capture the spirit of our love for you dear Mum. Enjoy your special day!


No comments: